WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS
TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION
- Extinguish all smoking materials and open flames.
- Do NOT touch electrical switches, light matches or create any other source of ignition.
- Get everyone out of the building immediately.
- Go to a nearby phone and call your propane supplier, 911, or the Fire Department.
- Do NOT re-enter the area until it has been deemed safe.
- A trained service technician must repair the leak, turn on the propane, check all propane appliances, and re-light pilots.
To find out what propane gas
smells like, contact your local Propane Central office to have a “Propane Users Safety Guide” mailed to you.
The following safety module is provided by the Propane Education & Research Council.
Visit the Propane Education & Research Council’s Safety section to find out more.